Monday, March 24, 2008

Greetings March 24, 2008

A recent storm took a tree down this week in front of the Oaks Plantation, near Hardwood. Town Police, Sheriff's units, EMS and volunteer firemen came to make safe the road until DEMCO could rehang the wires. My detour took me around the Bains Road and back to town on La 10, where I found Deputy Archie Lee and others working another tree down, near Rosedown. They were not only directing traffic, but winching the tree out of the road, themselves!
Our community takes a lot of effort to make it nice, and I am thankful to all of these public servants! I especially am thankful for the volunteer firemen! They are on call at no pay, for our benefit! Encourage any interested to contact Chief Boyette or Chief Robinson to volunteer for this important service!

No comments: